Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
This web page will remain up until COVID-19 is no longer a concern and a threat to our community. The following links provide important and helpful information in our effort to fight this virus:
- About COVID-19
- Stop the spread of germs
- What to do if you are sick?
- Everyday Steps that residents can take to prevent infection
- World Health Organization advice for the public and posters
- COVID-19 Symptoms & Information
Health Agencies Websites
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) - https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
Mass.Gov Information on Cases in Massachusetts
MEMA COVID-19 Daily Situational Reports
Situation Updates Folder - This folder contains the daily situational reports from Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA).
COVID-19 Related Scams
Counterfeits - Beware of fake masks, hand sanitizer, cleaning products, and preventative “cures”. Internet companies such as Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target and others have been taking down web pages and items off of their shelves. Amazon has a new Zero Team which is focused on identifying counterfeits.
Malware - Fake maps showing COVID-19 sites and information are circulating on the internet. These maps tend to be fake and are embedded with malware that are activated when clicked on. Read on...
Phishing - These are examples of emails from spoofed with CDC and other such agencies giving information, advice and other supposed relevant information. Some examples of such emails:
- Spoofed workplace emails updating the latest work policy.
- Health advice such as how to make your own hand sanitizer.
- Emails or links with false, sensational information saying that a celebrity has the virus.
- Fraudulent charities asking for donations
For more details on these and other scams read on...