Cell Tower Application - Baptist Corner Road
On July 7, 2021, Vertex Tower Assets, LLC, delivered to Town Hall an Application for a Special Permit for construction & operation of a cell tower on Baptist Corner Road. The Application was deemed complete by the Planning Board on August 4. Application documents are below:
- Main Application - updated August 3, 2021 for typographical errors
- Supplement 1 - Preliminary NEPA Screening Report (received July 16, 2021)
- Supplement 2 - proposed notice for visibility demonstration (received August 3, 2021)
- Supplement 3 - Additional coverage maps, photo-simulations, and other misc. (received September 20, 2021)
- Supplement 4 - Presentation from 9/22, and revised photo-simulations (Received September 28, 2021)
- Supplement 5 - FAA Obstruction Analysis Report; NEPA Screening Report (Received November 1, 2021)
- Supplement 6 - Revised Site Plans (A-1 and A-3 only) showing lattice tower (Received November 29, 2021)
NEW - NOTICE OF DECISION
On Thursday, January 6, 2022 the Planning Board delivered a Notice of Decision to the Town Clerk. An appeals period runs through end of the day on Wednesday, January 26. Read the decision.
Posted October 19: An independent consultant has reviewed the proposal and provided a report that is available here.
Opened: Wednesday, September 22, 7:30 pm - by Zoom / See 9/22 meeting presentation documents here.
Continued to: Wednesday, October 6, 8:00 pm - by Zoom
Continued to: Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 7:30 pm - by Zoom
Continued to: Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 7:30 pm - by Zoom
HEARING CLOSED: December 1, 2021.
Regular meetings are the first and their Wednesday of each month at 7 pm.
* meeting agendas can be found on the town calendar after they have been posted *
* meeting minutes are posted once they have been approved *
The Applicant conducted a visibility demonstration ("balloon float" or "balloon test") to illustrate the height and location of the proposed cell tower. READ THE FULL PUBLIC NOTICE HERE. Photographs and photo- simulations are available for viewing in Supplement 3 above.
WHERE IS THE PROPOSED CELL TOWER SITE?
The proposed site is located on an unnumbered parcel on Baptist Corner Road near the existing electrical transmission lines. The two maps below are excerpted from the Application material and will help you understand where to look during the visibility demonstration.
The vicinity map is from the plans that start on application page 55 (the arrow where locus points is the proposed location), and the map in color is from application page 36 (the proposed location is shown with a bulls eye icon). You can use the links above to view the full application materials.
Looking for the "2003 Conway Road" cell tower material instead? Please click here.
Page last updated: December 3, 2021 by Town Clerk