Elections & Voting
Ashfield has one polling location, in the Lower Hall of Ashfield’s Town Hall, at 412 Main Street. For information and elections results for local, state and federal elections in Ashfield including primaries, click here. Another source of election and voter information is the Massachusetts Elections website. If you are looking for elections-related information that you cannot find on this page, please contact the Town Clerk at (413) 628-4441 Ext: 5 or by email at TownClerk@Ashfield.org.
Town Caucus, Annual Town Meeting & Elections
Each year in March (not later than 42 days before Annual Town Election) the town holds its annual town caucus at which Ashfield citizens may be nominated to run for any open seat in town government. For information and results on town caucuses in prior years, click here.
In 2021, Ashfield is postponing Annual Town Meeting and Election, and also Town Caucus, by one month. This is to provide for a safe gathering during the Covid-19 pandemic as allowed by Chapter 5 of the Acts of 2021, which extended for this year provisions similar to those passed due to Covid in 2020. The delay for Town Caucus, Annual Town Meeting, and Town Election was approved by a vote of Ashfield's Select Board on Monday, February 8, 2021.
Town Caucus was held on April 20, 2021: Results are here
Annual Town Meeting: Saturday, June 5, 2021
Town Elections: Saturday, June 5, 2021
- The last day to register to vote before Annual Town Election is May 26, 2021. Town Hall will be open that day for voter registration from 10 am to 4 pm, and from 7 to 8 pm. Ways to register are are listed below.
- Vote by mail is available - requests for a ballot must be received in writing by 5 pm on Tuesday, June 1.
- Early In-Person voting will be available at Town Hall (no appointment needed) the following days and times:
|Early In-Person Voting|
|Wednesday, May 26, 2021||10 am to 4 pm, and 7 to 8 pm|
|Thursday, May 27, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
|Tuesday, June 1, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
|Wednesday, June 2, 2021||10 am to 2 pm, and 4 to 7 pm|
|Thursday, June 3, 2021||10 am to 2 pm|
If you want to register to vote, there are several ways:
- Online - Click here to register through the Secretary of State’s voter registration website.
- By Mail - Click here to download a registration form that can be printed and mailed to the Town Clerk. You can also call the Town Clerk to have a form mailed to you.
- In Person - Town Hall is currently closed to the public, though you can still contact the Town Clerk to obtain a voter registration paperwork and to make an appointment for voter registration.
Please make sure you complete your town census every year to remain an active voter in Ashfield. Blank town census forms can be downloaded and printed here and then returned to the Town Clerk.