CALL 911 for ALL police, fire, medical or any other emergency!
Please do not call the station directly since it is not staffed at all times even during regular business hours. Our staff is often out in the community conducting services for the town or providing assistance to others.
The Ashfield Emergency Management department is the town agency responsible for coordinating federal, state, local, volunteer, and private resources during emergencies and disasters in the Town of Ashfield. The department develops plans for effective response to all-hazards, disasters or threats. Additionally the department provides information to residents; and assists individuals, families, and businesses to mitigate against, prepare for, and respond to and recover from emergencies, both natural and man-made.
Important Phone Numbers
- Emergencies: 911 for ALL emergencies
- Directory Assistance: 411
- Human Services: 211 if you need help and don’t know where to turn
- Power Outage: 800-286-2000 - Call this number to report power outages
- Telephone Services: 800-555-1212 - Call this number to report loss of telephone service
REPORT ANY PROBLEM YOU ENCOUNTER. DON’T ASSUME SOMEONE ELSE REPORTED IT!
The Town of Ashfield is serviced by Highland Ambulance. Calls to 911 will be routed for ambulance service.
During any large storm (ice storm, hurricane, tornado) if a State of Emergency is declared by the Select Board and the Emergency Management Director (EMD), the Ashfield Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will be opened to manage communications and responses during the emergency. Although the EOC may not physically be open 24 hours a day it will remain active and fully engaged until the state of emergency has been terminated. The primary EOC is located at the Fire Station on Main Street.
Ashfield Codes for Emergency Siren Signals
- One Long Ring: Tornado Warning, take cover
- Two Rings: Saturday noon siren test
- Three Rings: Ashfield Dam Emergency or problem at Ashfield Lake. Residents on Bronson Ave should evacuate to Sanderson Academy. Residents on Main Street, Buckland Road and Conway Road should get ready to evacuate.
- Four Rings: Hazardous Material Spill. Residents should call Fire Station for more information.
- Five Rings: Forest Fire. The Fire Department will need help, come to fire station.
- Six Rings: Structure Fire. The Fire Department may need help, come to fire station.
Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Resiliency Plan
MVP Resiliency plan was facilitated and developed by the Franklin Regional Council of Governments (FRCOG) for the towns of Ashfield and Conway. The plan contains the summary of findings from the Community Resilience Building Workshop which was conducted in April of 2018. The plan was accepted by the state as part of the MVP designation process. To read the complete plan click on this link.
Blackboard Connect Notification System
BlackBoard Connect is a
One Call System used as an emergency alerting system during times of emergencies and in some cases as a public messaging system for certain town functions. There are three town employees that have the ability to activate the One Call System and they are; the town’s Emergency Management Director, the Town Clerk and the Town Administrator. On most occasions the Emergency Management Director will be the primary person to send these messages out.
When a BlackBoard Connect message is sent, the displayed caller ID will be of Town Hall phone which is 413-628-4441. The town message sender will always self identify, so please don’t hang up!
All residents are registered in the One Call System. If your phone number has the 625 prefix and your physical address is in Ashfield you will get the calls unless you opt out of the program.
If you are currently not receiving these messages it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You may have asked to be removed from the call recipient database
- You may have an unlisted phone number
- You may have recently moved into Ashfield and your number has not been updated yet.
If you would like to be added to the call recipient database click on this link. If you have any questions e-mail the Emergency Management Director (emd@ashfield,org) or call 413-628-4441 Ext: 9 and leave a voice message.
- Form link: Reverse 911 Add/Change/Remove Request.
All broadcast messages are posted at Ashfield.org/BBMessages on the day they are sent out.
If you have been added to the recipient list but are not receiving the calls/messages then it is possible that you may have opted out in the past. If this is the case and would like to opt back in call 855-502-7867 and follow the prompts presented to you to do so.
Opt Outs apply to Outreach messages only! All recipient will continue to receive Emergency and Attendance type messages.
If you have any questions about and would like to further discuss it with the EMD then please email details to email@example.com or call 413-628-4441 Ext: 9.
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) Helpful Link
- MEMA Web Page - Access the MEMA for up to date information on being prepared during emergencies.
- Power Outage Maps
Emergency Response Team Information
The Emergency Response Team Information page is provided to the Emergency Management and Emergency Response Team personnel. In addition to the emergency personnel the page is provided to the members of the Select Board, Town Administrator and Town Clerk.
To gain access to this page, you must have an account in the systems with the proper access privileges. To request access first create an account in the system, then contact the Emergency Management Director (EMD@Ashfield,Org) to enable account privileges.