Important Phone Numbers
- Emergencies: 911
for all emergencies
- Directory Assistance: 411
- Human Services: 211 (Human service or to locate someone)
- Power Outage: 800-286-2000 - Call this number to report power outages
- Telephone Services: 800-555-1212 - Call this number to report loss of telephone service
REPORT ANY PROBLEM YOU ENCOUNTER. DON'T ASSUME SOMEONE ELSE REPORTED IT!
The Town of Ashfield is serviced by Highland Ambulance. Calls to 911 will be routed for ambulance service.
During any large storm (ice storm, hurricane, tornado) if a State of Emergency is declared by the Select Board and the Emergency Management Director (EMD), the Ashfield Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will be opened to manage communications and responses during the emergency. Although the EOC may not physically be open 24 hours a day it will remain active and fully engaged until the state of emergency has been terminated. The primary EOC is located at the Fire Station on Main Street.
Ashfield Codes for Emergency Siren Signals
- One Long Ring: Tornado Warning, take cover
- Two Rings: Saturday noon siren test
- Three Rings: Ashfield Dam Emergency or problem at Ashfield Lake. Residents on Bronson Ave should evacuate to Sanderson Academy. Residents on Main Street, Buckland Road and Conway Road should get ready to evacuate.
- Four Rings: Hazardous Material Spill. Residents should call Fire Station for more information.
- Five Rings: Forest Fire. The Fire Department will need help, come to fire station.
- Six Rings: Structure Fire. The Fire Department may need help, come to fire station.
One Call System (aka Blackboard Connect)
One Call System is used as an emergency alerting system during times of emergencies and in some cases a public messaging system for certain town functions. There are three town employees that have the ability to activate the One Call System and they are; the Town Clerk, the Town Administrator and the Emergency Management Director. On most occasions the Emergency Management Director will be the primary person to send these messages out.
When a One Call System message is sent, the caller ID displayed will be of Town Hall phone number; 413-628-4441. The town will always self identify, so please don’t hang up!
All residents are registered in the One Call System. If your phone number has the 625 prefix and your physical address is in Ashfield you will get the calls unless you opt out of the program.
If you are currently not receiving these messages it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You may have asked to be removed from the call recipient database
- You may have an unlisted phone number
- You may have recently moved into Ashfield and your number has not been updated yet.
If you would like to be added to the call recipient database click on this link. If you have any questions e-mail the Emergency Management Director (emd@ashfield,org) or call 413-628-4441 Ext: 2 and leave a voice message.
If you would like receiving these messages please provide the information listed below. Your personal information will be secured on the "One Call System":
- House physical address (not mailing address)
- Phone number and/or cell phone number
Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) Helpful Link
- MEMA Web Page - Access the MEMA for up to date information on being prepared during emergencies.
- Power Outage Maps
Emergency Response Team Information
The Emergency Response Team Information page is provided to the Emergency Management and Emergency Response Team personnel. In addition to the emergency personnel the page is provided to the members of the Select Board, Town Administrator and Town Clerk.
To gain access to this page, you must have an account in the systems with the proper access privileges. To request access first create an account in the system, then contact the Emergency Management Director (EMD@Ashfield,Org) to enable account privileges.