- Town Government
- Frequently Requested Info
- Ashfield Bylaws
Amendments to the General and Zoning By-laws are proposed to and become effective upon adoption by Town Meeting and approval by the Attorney General. Both documents are updated as needed. Comprehensive copies of both are available at the links below or in hard copy by request to the Town Clerk's office.
Read/download the current (April 2023) version of the ZONING BYLAWS.
- Non-substantive and formatting changes made by the Town Clerk and approved by the Select Board on April 10, 2023 in keeping with the town's "Non-Substantive Bylaw Changes" that is part of the General Bylaws.
- Revisions to the ZONING BYLAWS Solar Bylaw were unanimously approved at Special Town Meeting on August 8, 2022, and were approved by the Attorney General's office on March 13, 2023 . Upon AG approval, a Zoning Bylaw bylaw is effective as of the original date of passage at Town Meeting.
- Revisions to the ZONING BYLAWS Table of Contents were unanimously approved at Special Town Meeting on August 8, 2022, and were approved by the Attorney General's office on December 19, 2022.
Included in the ZONING BYLAWS: Purpose, Definitions, General Regulations, Dimensional Requirements, Districts, Use Regulations, Special Permit, and Administration.
View older versions of the Zoning Bylaws. If you are seeking an older version not published online, please contact the Town Clerk.
Read/download the current version of the GENERAL BYLAWS.
- The GENERAL BYLAWS were last amended (to increase Park Commission membership from three to five Commissioners) by unanimous vote of Town Meeting on November 29, 2022, with the amendment approved by the Attorney General on February 1, 2023.
- The GENERAL BYLAWS were amended (Revolving Fund section) by unanimous vote of Town Meeting on May 7, 2022, with the amendment approved by the Attorney General on September 1, 2022.
Included in the GENERAL BYLAWS: Introduction, Qualified Voters, Town Meetings & Elections, Posting Places, Absentee Voters, Conduct of Town Meetings, Non-Substantive Bylaw Changes, Election of Certain Officers, Protection of Public Officials, Moderator Power to Declare, Ashfield Dog Bylaw, Excessive Noise, Unregistered Motor Vehicles, Road Detail Bylaw, Recycling Bylaws, Hazardous Material Bylaw, Stripping Land of Soil and Loam, Revolving Funds, Solicitation Bylaw, and Acts to Establish Boards and Commissions, and Acts to Create Departments.
View older versions of the General Bylaws. If you are seeking an older version not published online, please contact the Town Clerk.