To view other Special Permit applications under current review, view the Planning Board folder under "Documents".
The Ashfield Planning Board's main areas of responsibilities are:
- Administration of the Sub-Division Regulations, reviewing applications for sub-divisions, reviewing ANRs (Approval Not Required).
- Reviewing applications for Special Permits. Uses requiring a special permit are listed in the Zoning Bylaws, section VII.
- Drafting new by-laws or modifications to existing by-laws and bringing these to a Town Meeting for a vote.
The Planning Board is a five-member elected board.
The zoning bylaws were last amended on December 17th in 2018. This version of the bylaws document's "table of content" is a draft since it has not been approved at a town meeting.
The Planning Board generally meets the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 7:00 PM by Zoom. Agendas and login information posted on the board outside of town hall and on the online calendar on this website. Please contact the Board Chair at email@example.com to request to be added to the meeting agenda.
Minutes & Agendas
Current and past Planning Board agendas and minutes can be found by clicking here.
List of Fees
- ANR (Approval Not Required), $75 per new lot created
- Special Permit, $150 or 0.005 of construction value (whichever is more)
- Sub-Division Application, $300